Your Personal Information
In the course of your relationship with us, we collect several types of Personal Information. “Personal Information” is information that can be used to identify you, either alone or in combination with other information. By way of example, we may collect and store the following types of Personal Information: 1) information you provide about yourself when registering for and/or purchasing our Services (e.g. name, school information, email, phone number, address, user ID, password, and payment information), 2) emergency contact information you provide when registering for and/or purchasing our Services (e.g. name, school information, email, phone number, address, user ID, password, and payment information), 3) your vaccination records and other data you provide to or receive from our Services, and 4) all information or other materials that you provide.
How We Use Your Personal Information
- We use your Personal Information to communicate with you to authenticate your account usage.
- We use your Personal Information as required to ensure the regular operation of our Services and to improve your overall experience (e.g., enabling your purchase; providing information, services, and products that you have requested; managing and improving our website, mobile applications, software, and Services, providing customer support, alerting you about new products and services, event information, career, interests, or education updates, inviting you to participate in specific research projects, conducting quality control, or conducting other research).
- We may share your identifiable Information with third parties and as necessary to provide you our Services (e.g. credit card processing, universities) or as required by law.
- If someone, including a parent, has purchased the Services for you, we will not disclose your Personal Information to them by phone, online, or otherwise without your explicit consent.
Personal Information You Share Through The Services
We give you the ability to connect with other individuals to share information. You must opt-out of some features to avoid notifications. In addition, you may choose to disclose, through other means not associated with MedProctor, any part of your Personal Information to friends and/or family members, counselors, groups of individuals, third-party service providers, employers, educators, and/or other individuals. We recommend that you make such choices carefully.
Personal Information, once released or shared, can be difficult to contain. We have no responsibility or liability for any consequences that may result because you release or share Personal Information with a third party. It is incumbent upon you to share Personal Information only with people you know and trust.
How We Use Web Behavior Information
“Web Behavior Information” is information on how you use our Services (e.g. browser type, domains, page views) collected through log files, cookies, and web beacon technology. We collect Web Behavior Information we use through log files, cookies, and web beacon technology during your use of the Services. We use Web Behavior Information to improve our Services and your overall experience and to track and monitor aggregate usage of our Services and/or to target advertising for our products and services. We may also use your Web Behavior Information the same as other non-personal information (described below), so long as it is de-identified.
- Log Files: When you visit our website or use our mobile application, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes your Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data (i.e. a list of pages or URLs visited). We may link this information to your user ID or account. We use this information to analyze trends, administer the site, track movements around the site, identify and resolve issues, and gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
- Web Beacons: A web beacon is a clear graphic image that is loaded by your web browser when it accesses a website and that records your visit to a particular web page. We, or third parties that work for us, may place cookies and web beacons on our website, in emails, and in advertisements on other websites. The purpose of our web beacons is to support our Services and to promote our products and services through targeted advertisements. If you wish to disable web beacons, you may configure your browser to prevent loading them.
We May Use De-Identified Information
We may use data and information about you that has been “de-identified” (data from which your name or any personally identifying information has been removed, or the data has been combined with other people’s data in such a way that it is no longer associated with you) for any purpose — it is no longer Personal Information.
Your Choices Regarding Your Information
You can opt-out of receiving certain messages or notifications from us by logging into your account and changing your settings or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also click the “unsubscribe” button at the bottom of promotional email communications. Please note that you may not opt-out of receiving non-promotional messages regarding your account, such as technical notices, purchase confirmations, or Service-related emails. You can configure your browser to enable, disable or delete cookies. Please note that if you set your browser to disable cookies, you may not be able to access secure areas of the website and other parts of the website may also not work properly.
Account Closure and Correction of Personal Information
At your written request, we will close your account and will remove Personal Information from your account. See the section below titled “Account Closure and Correction of Personal Information.” If you no longer wish to receive our Services, you may close your account by sending a request to email@example.com. When closing an account, we remove all Personal Information from your account (or profile) within thirty (30) days of our receipt of your request. We may continue to use de-identified Personal Information after you close your account for any lawful purpose.
You may correct or update your registration information via firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may enter into commercial arrangements to enable partners to provide our Services to their customers and/or to provide you access to their products and services.
Information Disclosure Required By Law
Under certain circumstances Personal Information may be subject to disclosure pursuant to judicial or other government subpoenas, warrants, or orders, or in coordination with regulatory authorities. You acknowledge and agree that MedProctor is free to preserve and disclose any and all Personal Information to law enforcement agencies or others if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary.
Newsletter and Email Communications
You may choose to stop or start receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by changing your notifications settings in your account (go to www.medproctor.com/settings) or you may contact us at email@example.com.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children as well as adults. None of our Services are designed or intended to attract children under the age of 13. You, as the parent or guardian assumes full responsibility for ensuring that the information you provide about your child is kept secure and that the information submitted is accurate.
We take security seriously. We use a range of reasonable physical, technical, and administrative measures to safeguard your Personal Information, in accordance with current technological and industry standards. In particular, all connections to and from our website and mobile application are encrypted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
Protecting your Personal Information is also your responsibility. You are responsible for safeguarding your password, secret questions and answers, and other authentication information you use to access our Services. You should not disclose your authentication information to any third party, and you should immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your password. We cannot secure Personal Information that you release or that you request us to release.